Tuesday, July 7, 2015

TT Day 4 - 7.7.15

Got put into wang shuai's group today. All single ball drills. The multiball coach was late so one person got assigned to mark hazinski (lucky!) and they worked on serve and serve receive (double lucky!). Day 1 playing with new paddle. Previous one was andro temper tech off- with calibras. New one is ai fukuhara zlf with mx-p. The weight is actually pretty average but much heavier than the featherweight andro paddle I had before so will take some adjustment time.

  • FH/Fh- Began with forehand warmup counterhitting. Next we did 2 controlled forehand strokes, then one power shot with focus on snapping of forearm and rotation of torso to generate speed and spin. Then repeat.

  • Bh/bh - Backhand counterhit first. Then we did 2 controlled backhand then one small loop focused mainly on wrist rotation and having a small stroke. Main purpose is to change the timing of the ball with more arc and spin.

  • 1 FH, 1 BH - Similar to previous days. Focus on keeping my paddle up. Don't need big strokes for topspin shots. I need to work on my movement and timing for different balls (long/short/wide).

  • Serve short backspin to left, return backspin to my FH, loop the backspin to right, return to my middle, FH topspin to right, return to my forehand, FH topspin to right, return to my left, BH topspin to right, then play out - 
I missed a lot of opening loops (maybe due to paddle?). It got better when I focused on snapping my forearm. Aim for 80% on opening loops on forehand! I feel like I move right a bit too slowly but coach didn't say anything about it.

  • Coach serves short to my BH, BH push to his bh, he short push to my FH, BH push to his BH, he long pushes to my FH, FH loop the backspin, then play out -
Again, focus on getting 80% of my FH loops in the table, snapping forearm, and hitting forward. To do this, it is necessary to hit the ball at the top of the bounce instead of waiting too long.

Conclusion:
1) Need to improve my coordination - moving and hitting balls that are slightly different (long/short/wide) with better timing (and footwork).
2) Remember to snap forearm on FH strokes. Continue making sure I rotate my torso on FH shots.
3) Practice the 2 control 1 power shot this Friday. 

I wanna get better. (time to quit my day job? lol)









No comments:

Post a Comment