Tuesday, July 14, 2015

TT Training Day 5 - 7,14.2015

Not really liking the new blade still. Will try an experiment with different rubbers on old andro blade and new blade this Friday.

First 30 mins with zhe wang. 

  • FH-FH - I need to stay leaning forward after I hit. Some of my forehands are more vertical and my body follows so need to keep my stroke forward.

  • BH-BH - Move to ball, don't reach.

  • BH, FH on bh side, FH on FH side - I need to move after I hit the ball and stay moving. Focus on top spinning on the second forehand and stay leaning forward. Need to move faster too...

  • FH in middle, BH on bh side, FH in middle, FH in fh side - Remember to hit middle shots with forehand! My forehand backhand switching is slow. 


Second 30 mins with wang shuai - multiball.

  • He serves shot backspin, I push long, he will either push to my fh or loop it. If he loops, I block to his bh and random multiballs come and I topspin smash the forehand shots. If he pushes, I loop and multi-ball randomly comes and I topspin smash the forehands. - I need to move my body instead of just using arm for forehand. Make sure backhands are pushing forward and that my blocks are also moving forward. I'm having trouble blocking the second loop...need to practice this.

  • He sidespin/no spin short, I BH flick it to bh, BH to BH until random forehand where I topspin smash. - Make sure to spin the ball on the flick.

  • Same as above except long serves are mixed in. - I need to work on returning those long serves. He added some side-topspin serves at the end that I'm having trouble contacting. Got one good one at the end though.

Notes:
1) Work on blocking loops correctly, especially second loop.
2) Forehand moves with my body.
3) Stay leaning forward and increase stamina...

4) Maybe switch back to old paddle... :( ask wang shuai about this next week. Also come 15 mins early to warm up.



No comments:

Post a Comment