Tuesday, July 28, 2015

TT Training Day 7 - 07.28.2015

Tough day with zhe wang. Need to bring towel/water next time. :P


  • FH-FH - For shorter shots, move both feet in: right foot then left foot. Hit forward and spin the ball instead of hitting it.



  • BH-BH - Hit forward.



  • Forehand topspin in middle, backhand, forehand topspin in middle, forehand topspin on forehand side: On step around, move right foot then left foot since I have trouble maintaining my stance balance when moving all at once.



  • Serve backspin, he short push, I short push, he push to my forehand, loop the backspin, random while I return to his backhand: Stay leaning forward. Make sure to rotate on forehand. I did a good job on keeping paddle up. Need to return to ready position after the forehand loop on the backspin. Did this for about 30 mins.



  • Serve backspin, he push long to my backhand, backhand loop, then I hit backhand, forehand on backhand side, forehand on forehand side: Had trouble with my backhand loops. Spent about 5 mins on technique. Need to work on this in future.Spent about 5-10 mins on this.



  • Serve backspin, he push long to my forehand, forehand loop, backhand, forehand on backhand side, forehand on forehand side: I was pretty tired at this point but during some rallies I was in a zone where I could see and hit the ball really well. Last 10-15 mins felt like they lasted forever.



Overall: Did a good job on forehand loops against backspin today. Probably 85%-90% on the weak drill backspins. Two points to forever remember: rotate body and not use just arm. And hit the ball at the peak of the flight path.

Work on long backhand loops. Stay leaning forward. Remember to brush the ball.




No comments:

Post a Comment