Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Table Tennis Training - Day 1 6/16/2016

Summer Table Tennis Camp at X-treme Table Tennis - once per week, 1 hr.

 Today was mostly technique work. I was put into a group of 2 other people. The coach was the tall, soft voice guy that speaks kinda fast. The training group did single ball practice rotating every 5 balls. Doing the drills, I'm doing well looping the long backspin balls and having trouble looping the shorter backspin balls. On short high balls, I need to step forward w/ left foot and attack. My overall reaction time (or movement?) is too slow but I'm probably not used to someone blocking that well for me. Overall tiredness level: Low. Also, Mark hazinski has an amazing bh.

 Notes - things I need to focus on:
1) Hit in front of body
2) Keep paddle up, especially when switching from fh to bh I tend to drop my paddle.
3) Get closer to the table (1 paddle off). I always thought to stand one arms length from the end of the table but apparently thats too far.

 Other notes coach told training mates:
1) rotate on fh
2) keep elbow relatively still close to body

 Questions:
1) Shuffle, small steps, or crossover?
2) Something about using wrist on backspin looping that I didn't understand b/c my chinese is poor.

 Drills to improve in Friday TT:
1) Bh/Fh
2) Serve backspin, chop, forehand loop vs backspin, then bh, fh on bh corner, fh on fh corner
3) Same as above except random after loop vs backspin

No comments:

Post a Comment