Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 3: 1/22/17

Today, we finished up the midterm of our GI block. Rumors are going around that it will be the lowest class average of all the exams we have this year. I have a bet with my roommate for one fried rice from China Wok whether the average will be a passing grade or not. Living-wise, we had a pretty pricy $270 electric bill last month, probably due to the multiple snow days. Asking around, it seems this big jump in electric bill is pretty common in the area - especially with only one electric company having a monopoly in the city. On a brighter note, I am excited to learn how to suture this upcoming week.

Entering the final week of the first month, I am beginning to inquire around for bikes as well as trails. Ideally, I would like to start biking outdoors around March or April at the latest. Next month will be a swimming/biking month. I will probably just pay each time and swim at the YMCA. I heard the local university pool is also available so I will have to compare how much it would cost each day to swim. For this week's workouts, I did a 35minute stationary bike at 7-resistance/90rpm. I was able to complete it without breaks so 7-resistance seems to be my current upper limit. I'll try to do a 45 minute bike next week and see if I can still hold 7-resistance and 90rpm.  Yesterday, we had some nice 60degree weather so I did a 4-mile run (outdoors!). The city is much more hilly than I am used to and ended up taking three breaks. I ran with some friends so we ended doing some sprints at the end as well as getting some critique for my running technique.

Unfortunately, no mahjong practice again this week.

I am liking my new Mantra rubbers on the Nexy Rubicon blade. It plays very reliably. I'm overshooting a few balls but I can fix that with some dedicated practice. I hope to get back into it seriously next week and look for some tournaments to enter.


No comments:

Post a Comment