Monday, January 29, 2018

Week 4: 1/29/17

I survived the GI mid-term with some trusty help from the curve. The class average was a not-so-surprisingly low 73%. I made a pact with a friend to aim for an 80% on this next exam, so I have been going full-steam ahead with studying. I feel like I am starting to lose motivation but hopefully I can make it past the bump. The main difference I am doing for this next exam is to start doing practice questions tomorrow (exam on Friday). Hopefully, this change will be effective.

One more week of playing table tennis matches before I go back to doing multiball. I am getting used to the new rubber and am able to hit my shots more confidently with each game. I had a disappointing 4-3 win against a pips player that I feel that I am better than and hope to redeem myself this week.

Workout-wise, I am spending more time at the gym due to finding a workout crew that, at least for now, is pretty motivated. This week, I did a 3-mile run, 2-mile run, and three 1-mile runs along with a 45 minute bike with varying resistance from 6 to 8. Biking on the stationary bike is pretty tough since, in contrast to a treadmill, my RPM will decrease when my mind wanders. I would rate the difficulty of the bike about 3/5 and running 4/5 (with 5/5 for anything over 3.5 miles currently). I would consider myself a lot more 'in-shape' than when the month started. Making progress feels good.

Swimming starts this week. I am aiming to do about 3000 in yardage with a 1000 being timed. Ideally, I would like to hold 1:30 per 100 yards but I have no idea how out of shape I am. I have managed to dig my swimming gear out of the box it was packed in when I moved so at least I am somewhat prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment