Thursday, March 22, 2018

Week 10: 3/22/2018


I let myself go during spring break both in terms of exercise and diet. After seven cheat days, I gained some weight as well as had my body turn off my exercise mode. I have resorted to telling myself that I am easing off to focus on the upcoming table tennis tournament to make myself feel better. I plan on finally going into some bike shops and walmart in person to look at bikes this weekend.

Anyways, this week I did a 40 minute bike alternating between high rpm and high resistance work. It ended up being a bit more than 10 miles. At this point, the high-resistance work is the tougher half. I did a twenty minute bike focusing on high resistance yesterday after I woke up late from my nap too close to pool closing time. I put in a 50 lap swim today instead of a full workout since I was getting some shoulder and hip pain. 

Table tennis wise, I feel like I am generally ready for the upcoming tournament. I hope to have a decent shot in doing well in the U1900 event as well as coaching three of my classmates to victory in their respective events. I really do wish two of them would practice more...but I understand that everyone is behind on schoolwork due to spring break blues.

I am planning on playing intramural flag football and 3v3 basketball (this Saturday!). I am not particularly skilled in either of those sports although I can throw a football a little bit and shoot a little bit. I went into the gym before my swim today and did some dribbling drills to try to regain some feel of the basketball as well as shoot around. Ended the day with 15/20 free throws and (luckily) 4/5 three-pointers. Not bad...but the bigger issue is whether I can do that in a game situation.











Note to self: This is Week 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment