Sunday, March 4, 2018

Week 8: March 4, 2018

And...we are in March now. The weather is beginning to warm up although it is raining again today. I had a productive workout week doing two runs and two swims. I completed a 3-mile treadmill run at 1.5 incline and a 5-mile run today. I began to feel quite fatigued after about two miles and took a five-minute walk break  at the 3-mile mark before finishing the run. I feel that I am starting to hit a wall that I won't be able to fully address in this following swim/bike training month.

For the first swim, I did 4x200, 2x100 for my main set. For the following swim, it was separated into 10x50, 10x100, 10x25 on a interval that really pushed my stamina. I ended up getting about 8-15 seconds rest doing the 100s on 1:45. Speaking with someone, I learned about spotting which is seeing your swimming direction during an open water swim. I am going to start practicing working on that in a pool this next swim.

The local club is hosting an unsanctioned table tennis tournament in mid-April. Three of my classmates will be doing it with me. We aim to win the U1000, U1300, and either U1600 or U1900 depending on what event I register for. One of them still needs to buy his own paddle but I have high hopes for all of them as they step into the world of competitive table tennis. For this first week, I mainly discussed working on consistency, some basic technique work, and how to read spin.

Time to begin my study grind for this 3-exam hell week before spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment