Thursday, March 15, 2018

Week 9: 3/15/2018

This is technically Week 10 but having four exams at school made finding opportunities to exercise difficult. Getting back into biking with a twenty-min stationary bike alternating between high rpm and high resistance training. I am planning on upping that to hopefully eighty-mins by the end of the month before transitioning to biking outdoors. I am unsure how to go about it so hopefully I can get some advice on outdoor riding and etiquette. Meanwhile, the search is on for a used bike. Currently, I am scouring Facebook sale groups but I may move to Craigslist if nothing seems worth spending money on.

Swimming is progessing...swimmingly. I am getting through 10x100s much more strongly. Although my speed has not increased, the amount of time I am slowing down during longer swims is decreasing. I swam at the Tom Muehlenbeck Center yesterday. The pool was nice, tasted slightly salty, and had an electronic clock which really helps since I am nearsighted. I am hoping to get a second swim somewhere before the end of the week - maybe with a 1200 test swim for time.

Also yesterday, I went to the Plano Table Tennis Club to play TT. I played three matches - against a leftie who served with decent deception and good placement (1-3), a double long-pips chop-block/attacker (0-3), and a tall Korean guy who played pretty standard (0-3). It was insightful, playing people who I understand to be my weak points or people who took advantage of a weak point I did not know about (last guy...). I have a month to work on these things before the Joplin city tournament coming up in mid-April!

No comments:

Post a Comment