Monday, July 6, 2009

Free Anti-Virus Software

Recently, one of my friends had his laptop invaded by a virus. Now, it is realistic to say that people who are on the Internet at least daily will at some point be invaded by a virus, barring they have some god-like anti-virus software in which they probably overpay for. But back to the subject, my friend was asking around for help. My knowledge of computer viruses isn't great so what I did was recommend some free antivirus software to him. Antivirus software are for preventing viruses(and trojans?) from infecting your computer. For most people, free antivirus software is all they need since the quality of protection is usually just as good.

The one I mainly use is AVG Anti-Virus which can be found here.

Another very popular free program is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Sandboxie is a very effective program that I have seen to be very highly recommended.

The two listed above are the ones I use, with Malwarebytes probably the most popular.

If for whatever reason you want a different free anti-virus program, others that I have come across can be found here and here.

Regardless of whichever one you choose, these free anti-virus programs are a must for anyone who doesn't have one right now protecting their computer. I highly recommend you download one of these(or more if you would like to) for the above reason.

Edit: Also, many colleges offer anti-virus deals and others for students. Look into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment