Saturday, February 24, 2018

Week 7: 2/24/18

Well, my triathlon training did not exactly go as planned. I did get my weekly two workouts in though so I will still need to make up a swim next week. It has been raining this whole week with two of the days being icy rain days resulting in the pool being closed early. I finally got to swim yesterday when it 'only' thunderstormed. Overall, I am doing the yardage (2400 at the moment) although my stamina leaves a lot to be desired. I did several 50s and 100s interval training and my speed dramatically drops after about 200 yards each set. For running, I will be doing a five miler next week. It feels good to almost be at the 10k mark.

Every time a new block starts (this time it is our repro block), work always piles up regardless of my good intentions of staying ahead. I think this is due to a combination of having too many resources, lack of urgency with the exam being a couple weeks away, and trying to take care of errands that were not completed during the few days before the previous exam.

I am playing a table tennis tournament tomorrow. I invited a friend from school whose skill was surprisingly good. It will be interesting to see how he does in gameplay situations, especially playing people with strange styles and unconventional spin. I hope this will be a good experience to motivate him to improve. I am aiming to play doubles with him for the city tournament in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment